There is currently an outbreak of equine flu in the UK and Europe which is a highly contagious virus which spreads rapidly with an incubation period of just one to five days. Even vaccinated horses have been affected and racing has been brought to a halt in the UK while the virus is monitored.
- High Temperature of 39-41C (103-106F)
- A clear watery discharge which can turn thicker and green
- Harsh dry cough
- Enlarged glands under the jaw
- Discharge from the eyes and redness
- Filling of the limbs
- Loss of appetite, dullness and depression
If you are concerned about your horse, call your vet.
To keep up with updates, follow Horse and Hound: https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/tag/equine-flu