- Building on the success of the first RoR Showcase at Aintree last year the 2019 RoR Showcase will be held at Hartpury University and College in Gloucestershire on Saturday 23rd November 2019
- A show for anyone interested in buying or retraining a former racehorse
- A day of live demos, close up clinics, expert advice and displays with former racehorses
Following the success of the inaugural RoR Showcase at Aintree Equestrian Centre last year, RoR is delighted to announce that the 2019 RoR Showcase day will be held on Saturday 23rd November at Hartpury University and College in Gloucestershire 10.30am to 5pm. Once again, the day will be an inspirational training and educational event designed by RoR to highlight the talent and transition of thoroughbred racehorses to their second careers.
Visitors to the RoR Showcase, which is supported by The Racing Foundation, will have the chance to enjoy live clinics and a wide range of up-close demos, in and around two Arenas. Showing, dressage, eventing, endurance, natural horsemanship and western riding will all be showcased along with the RoR Dressage Display Team.
A line-up of top trainers and experts includes show producers Katie and Chris Jerram-Hunnable, flat-work with Cara Hayward and pole-work with Daniele Bizzaro, Western Rider Emma Lonie, and a Painted Horse demo by Nicole Rossa and Kirsty Davis. Other racing industry and equine experts will share their knowledge discussing the racehorse as an athlete and its transition to a new career, using real racehorses.
In addition, there will be an Ask The Experts Lounge where visitors will have the opportunity to ask one-to-one questions and gather more tips and advice from all the experts.
Di Arbuthnot, RoR Chief Executive explains: “Last year’s event received fantastic feedback and we are delighted that the 2019 RoR Showcase will be held at Hartpury in Gloucestershire to offer more riders in and around the midlands and southern regions the chance to come together and learn about owning and retraining former racehorses. The day will be a showcase for the work of the charity all under one roof with a host of experts and industry professionals from the racing and equine worlds.”
For more information and to book tickets for the RoR Showcase day visit www.ror-events.org.uk. Advance Tickets booked online cost £15 per person (£18 per person on the day) or don’t miss the early bird ticket offer to Buy One and Get One Free if booked before Friday 11th October 2019.
About Retraining of Racehorses (RoR):
Retraining of Racehorses (RoR) is British Horseracing’s official charity for the welfare of horses that have retired from racing. The charity:
- raises funds from within the Racing Industry for the retraining and rehoming of former racehorses
- provides a safety net for ‘vulnerable’ former racehorses
- promotes the adaptability and versatility of racehorses to other equestrian activities
- runs and funds a well established programme of competitions and educational events across the country
- provides information for owners and trainers in both the Racing and Equine Industries to assist with the rehoming and retraining of their former racehorses
The ultimate goal is to maintain a balance between the number of horses leaving Racing and the number of enthusiastic, and suitable, new homes. For more information visit RoR’s website: www.ror.org.uk